Table of Contents
We will gather at _______ (place like “in the atrium” or “by the garden”) to discuss the exciting steps our community is taking on our journey towards integral ecology and how you can join us. This celebration will be full of joy and prayer and all are invited. We look forward to seeing you.
If you have any questions, please reach out to ______(name) or speak to a member of ____________(name of committee).
Laudato Si’ Week logo
Spreading the word about your event does more than just encourage your community; it sends a positive and inspiring message to the world about our call to protect creation.
Here are some tips for spreading the exciting news:
- Send out your press release a week before the community action or event
- Choose a local or regional newspaper rather than a national newspaper
- Check the newspaper’s website to find an email address for a local news editor or reporter who regularly covers similar stories
- Make sure the materials you send are positive and concise
- Follow up with an email or phone call to the editor and/or reporter
You might want to consider a press release like the one below:
Name and contact information
NAME OF COMMUNITY celebrating Laudato Si’ Week.
On DATE and TIME at LOCATION, COMMUNITY NAME will celebrate the anniversary of Laudato Si’, Pope Francis’ world-changing encyclical that has inspired millions of Catholics around the world to take action against the ecological crisis and climate emergency.
Inspired by the Church’s call to care for creation and the urgent need to address the environmental crises, COMMUNITY NAME – BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE ACTION. All are welcome to attend.
The event is the culmination of months of grassroots conversations about the climate emergency and the call of our faith to address this crisis. COMMUNITY NAME is committed to an ongoing process of formation and action to fulfill its role as a steward of creation.
For more information, please contact NAME at CONTACT INFORMATION.